Aveeno "Bath and Shower Oil" Review

Info:
Stocked in: Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Pharmacy 2U and Ocado (this may alter dependant on where you are from)

Price: £8.19


The Review:
I have been using Aveeno Bath and Shower Oil (with colloidal oatmeal) for little over a month now. It is not meant to be and doesn’t say anywhere that it is a cure for psoriasis but it does state that it “thoroughly cleanses, moisturises and conditions dry and sensitive skin” so I thought that it would be a good product to test.

I put it on when in the shower over my skin and let it soak in, or will put it in the bath. It is milky in colour and soft in texture. However, whilst it smells absolutely amazing and has a scent that lingers on your skin for the entire day, it does not do a lot in the way of helping my psoriasis. Saying this, it doesn’t hinder it either!! At around £8 a bottle, it is not something which I think I would buy again as it doesn’t work well to maintain my psoriasis and is pretty expensive to buy as a bath and shower ‘accessory’.

If you do not suffer with psoriasis, and just have dry skin, I would recommend this product as it leaves your skin feeling smooth and not greasy. However for the areas of psoriasis that I have, it may reduce the appearance of the ‘flakes’ on the surface of the skin for a bit after showering but they soon re-appear.

I really do love these products and think that they are wonderful but i am really looking for a product which maintains my psoriasis on a more effective level than the Aveeno shower oil.

The Results:
Price: 5/10 – pretty pricey for the small bottle that it actually is

Smell: 10/10 – it smells sweet and has a really lovely scent, the smell also lingers on your skin all day

Texture: 9/10 – creamy, not uncomfortable to use and spreads on the skin easily and washes off without feeling greasy

Packaging: 8/10 – looks like just another bottle

Time consumption: 10/10 – easily applied before showering or bathing, doesn’t have any specific time frames

Overall Result: 5/10 - does what it says on the tin but sadly isn't a hidden psoriasis miracle!!

(Overall result if you just want to have soft, good smelling skin – 10/10. I love these products but they are not really worth buying for trying to cure psoriasis)

If you have used any of the other Aveeno bath and shower products – let me know how they worked on your skin.







Popular posts from this blog

Bio-Oil

Epaderm Ointment; Product Review

Aveeno Cream; Product Review