Review; Sanex AtopiCare Moisturiser


Hey Psquad, 

How is everyone?!

The latest product that I have tried is: Sanex AtopiCare:


I became interested in trying this product when I saw it on the TV...I was like 'oooooo...I wonder how that'll work with my psoriasis', and off I marched to the shop to buy some. 

I currently use Sanex Dermo Hypo-Allergenic as my body wash, so thought it'd be a good addition of product for me to try! Whilst I use the body wash...I really wasn't aware of the skin moisturising range that they did. I was torn between two moisturisers and stood in the shop for a good 10mins debating which one I was going to actually use. In the end this product won because;

"For extra dry, reactive, even atopic skin. Control skin hypersensitivity. Fights severe dryness. Soothes itchiness" < ticks quite a lot of boxes for what I want in a moisturiser. 

Product Info;
I bought my bottles from Wilkinson, they're usually £6.00 per 400ml bottle but I bought mine when they were on offer for £3.00 per bottle. I bought two at a time as I seemed to use a lot up. 

You can see/buy it at Wilkos or Boots. Wilkos is the cheapest option, which is why I went there....

My Routine;
So I used this product as normal...all over body and face twice a day. It is quick and easy to apply but it does take a while to absorb. It is quite a greasy moisturiser, and didn't tend to sink into my skin quickly. That doesn't really bother me as I use it at night and first thing in the morning so my skin always has time to let it skin in. 

However, I stopped using it on my face in the morning, and just used my Simple Hydrating moisturiser instead. I noticed that it made me break out after a while of using it on my face (applied every night). Whilst it helped my psoriasis, being spotty instead wasn't really a good trade for me. After about the 2nd or 3rd week I stopped using it on my face altogether, and just focused on using it as a body moisturiser. 

My Review: Overall Score ; 7/10
Effective at stopping psoriasis flaking
Smoothed patches
Reduced red inflammations
Made skin less itchy - has a good soothing quality
Doesn't have a super long lasting effect in cold weather
Couldn't be used as a face moisturiser (for me)
It is greasy feeling, takes a while to absorb into skin

The Additional Information:

Time Consumption; 9/10
Super easy to apply - spreads onto skin like butter (not butter that's been left in thr fridges as that is like stones)

Texture/Absorption; 6/10 
A little too greasy, does feel as though there is a 'film' over the skin for a while once it's been applied. Took a while to skin into the skin.

Price; 7/10
It is quite a watery/liquidy solution and I seemed to use it fast, I ended up going through near enough a bottle a week. I know psoriasis means long term treatment, but as it wasn't used on my face as well, I'd want a product that can do both. 

Smell; 9/10
Does have an tiny odd smell to it...not off putting but just a little hint of something I can't quite put my finger on!! Maybe just a smidge medicinal. 

Packaging; 8/10
Good bottle with pump dispenser. Easy to take with you if you're travelling or going away for the weekend. Pump doesn't lock which is rather annoying and I have had to wrap it in a bag when taken with to save being dispensed in my bag on the way. 

I did use this product for about 2-3months and found that it managed to keep my psoriasis in check. Ideally I want something more suitable for me so I am still on the hunt for the next product to try!!! 


If you have and ideas or suggestions then all are welcome. Leave me a comment or message me on my social media; Twitter and Instagram handles @LWPsoriasis


Love Kara xXx

Comments

  1. I can relate to this article because for about 10 years I dreamed of healing my Psoriasis.

    I tried just about everything I could think of but nothing seemed to work.

    Then I did something different and now I’m healthy and handsome again. I healed my Psoriasis in 7 days.

    If anyone's interested, here's a website that helped me a lot:

    http://www.journalofnaturalhealth.com/psoriasissolution

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone form you want to know more about the hair transplant procedure they can easily follow the link and read our new blog post. We shared all the major things that you should know in this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bio-Oil

An apology of absence!

Tar Shampoo; what I use and their reviews!