Guest Post - Sausage Tree Products

Hi my name is Marcie, I suffered from psoriasis for about 10 years starting at the age of 16 and on into my mid-twenties.  It was painful and itchy but worse than that; it caused me social anxiety and unhappiness.  Psoriasis was preventing me from living the life I wanted to live.  It’s something you have to be tough to deal with or you become tough. 

I spent a lot of those years learning about psoriasis; its causes and treatments and also how your diet, lifestyle and exercise can help.  By 2008 my psoriasis was in remission and I was back to living the life I wanted to live.  Instrumental in my recovery was of course diet (paleo, probiotics), getting regular exercise, good sleep and trial and error with topical treatments.

One topical treatment in particular that helped me was Sausage Tree Cream.  Its key ingredient comes from a special plant called the Sausage Tree which is indigenous to Southern Africa.  I learned about the plant during a visit to South Africa, experienced its curative properties and, because it was not available in the US, began importing it for my own use and for my friends and family.

One reason why I hadn’t heard of the Sausage Tree (Kigelia Africana) before is because its native habitat, Southern Africa, has been marred by social strife and trade embargoes.  While Southern Africa is home to 30,000 plant species, many of which likely have medicinal value, very few of them are known to Western civilization.  The Sausage Tree is an exception in that it has recently begun to be clinically researched and shows promise for a variety of skin maladies.

The following is a description of the product:
According to clinical research the ingredients in Sausage Tree Cream work by supporting the natural healing processes of skin including the production of collagen, elastin, and melanin while also moisturizing, calming and soothing skin irritation.  The botanical ingredients stimulate the local immune system and render the skin inhospitable to potentially harmful bacteria and pathogens.  The product is therefore unique in that it addresses a variety of disruptors to healthy skin and skin related problems.

More Info:

Price: 29.99USD, one bottle will last a fairly long time.  With generous application it lasts me 6 months. (International Shipping fees are roughly - or the equivalent of - 10USD)

Ingredients: Sausage Tree, Aloe Vera, Lavender, Tea Tree Oil

Smell – Almost odourless, with a hint of lavender.

Texture - Thick creamy texture.  It spreads easily and absorbs in about 5-10 minutes.

Packaging – Plain white cream-tube holding 75ml and weighing approximately 3 ounces.

Time consumption – Detailed directions can be found here, but otherwise it takes approximately 5-10 minutes to apply and absorb and can be inserted into any skincare routine.


Overall – we’ve been receiving positive feedback and I hope it can help others as well.  Let me know your experience.


Popular posts from this blog

Bio-Oil

Epaderm Ointment; Product Review

Aveeno Cream; Product Review